Tuesday

Update. And a teensy weensy rant.

Just a few things today.

First, thank you for all the advice you've given me about the whole blog overhaul. I appreciate it greatly.
Technology = gives Katie a headache.
I think I know exactly what I am going to do.
Hopefully it doesn't suck.

Second, I have installed a new commenting system.  I did this because it was hard for me to reply to my lovely comments with the basic blogger commenting system. EVERYONE IN THE WORLD has that "no reply @ blogger" thing going on and I would really like to be able to reply by email.

Yes, I could just continue to reply in the comment section, however, I don't know about you, but after I leave a comment somewhere, I hardly ever schlep myself over again just to see if I have been acknowledged. I do, however, check my email often and LOVE when a person has responded to my comments there. I imagine there are others that feel the same way.  
Please tell me if you hate it. I can always go back to the old way, but for now, Disqus it is.


Third, if you are a new follower (welcome) and I have not been to your blog, or you have not heard from me in any shape or form, please let me know. My writing life has kind of exploded [in a good way] all of a sudden and I don't want anyone to get lost in the shuffle, ok? Ok. Don't be shy. I don't bite. Unless provoked. Or asked nicely. Or paid to.



The town I grew up in. On a Tuesday.
Last, if you live in the U.S. you probably know that much of the country is expecting
The snowstorm to end ALL SNOWSTORMS.
I even heard on the News today (and almost crashed my car laughing so hard) that some places are expecting...





          "UP TO TWO FEET OF SNOW!!!"
Aaaaahhhhhhhh!
 Wait.. did they say two feet? Yawn. Wake me up when a hurricane is headed our way.

Sorry to be patronizing to you folks who are not used to getting snow, but around these parts when we get two feet of snow, we call that TUESDAY. Am I right Minnesota? Wisconsin?

Deep breath, Midwest. You're gonna be fine. We do this every winter. So- the roads are bad you can't go to Walmart one for one day. Trust me, those hot pockets will be there after the plows come out and return the streets to semi-normalcy. You may even get the day off! You know what that means? 
Adult snow day.
And THAT is rad.

 A winter storm bonus? Awesome sledding!
So, lug those end of the world emergency kits back to the basement find a sled instead. You won't be sorry.

 Another funny thing  about this BIGGEST WINTER STORM IN TEN YEARS is that it doesn't look like it will even hit Northern Michigan at all. { <=== I may be the only one laughing.}Which is awesome, because we deserve a break.


I think that about covers it.

*photos from google images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh! I love me some comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...