Monday

I took a 6 month break and all I got was this lousy title.

It's been almost exactly 6 months since I posted here on my little corner of the web. Actually,  I took a small sabbatical from the Internet in general. Well, except Facebook. I AM human, after all. 

So much has happened in those six months. The main thing that happened is that I took a good look at my eating habits (after watching Forks Over Knives)- realized that they were almost comically unhealthy, and changed them.  I started exercising, eating right, getting enough sleep, stopped drinking pop and eating fast food and completely changed my day to day life. I should have done it years ago.  Being in good health has had so many benefits. I look better. I feel better. Best of all, something ELSE happened that I have been waiting and praying for 9 years for.

 I got pregnant.

I wasn't going to share this information here. Mostly because I have a lot of friends that are currently living with (and trying to overcome) infertility.  Dealing with those same problems for the last nine years I know how incredibly frustrating it is to hear about YET ANOTHER person becoming pregnant. I know that while you try to be happy for that person, inside you wonder why it hasn't happened for you yet, then you feel guilty that you aren't just genuinely happy for the other person. I know. BOY do I know.  I have shed more than a few tears over negative pregnancy tests over the years. It's a terrible feeling.

I don't want to cause any pain by sharing my news, which is why I initially decided not to mention it here, but then I realized that I have to share this news, if for nothing else, than to give those other struggling people hope.  If it can FINALLY happen for me, maybe it can FINALLY happen for them too.

So, there it is. I'm going to have a baby.  I'm sick day and night and still more than a little shocked, but ecstatic beyond belief.

How have YOU been these last six months?

8 comments:


  1. Congratulations! So exciting--and great that you're taking care of yourself, too...that's something I need to do, even though I haven't been pregnant since 1990.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaay!!! That's wonderful news - Congratulations!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my days - fabulous news, I'm so very pleased for you. :-)

    And so pleased that you're back blogging as well - I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Katie that is fantastic news for your little family. Hope all is going well with your pregnancy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Congrats you :-) proper happy for you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I read about this on facebook. Seems like you're having a boy? Congrats to you!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember reading this post and thought I commented about reading of your pregnancy on Facebook. Apparently I was wrong. Congrats to you!

    Soooo happy you're back to blogging! I've missed you.

    Hope you're having a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we need a baby update. :)

    By the way, also excellent to hear about the changes to your health/diet. Those are not easy changes to make and you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh! I love me some comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...