The first tag was for a list of 10 things that make me happy.
The second was for a list of things that I just don't have the guts to do.
With no further ado we will commence with the 10 things that make me happy:
- This child who I thought I would never have but there he is. He's smart and kind and sensitive and insightful and funny. This is the face he makes when I ask him to be serious.
- When my husband does something unexpected-like sends me flowers on a day that is NOT my birthday or Mother's day. Or brings home my favorite magazine. Ah, the little things.
- Chocolate covered potato chips and pumpkin pie. Even though the indulgence in these very foods are the reasons I have to buy parachute undies.
- When traveling- seeing animals that aren't native to Northern Michigan. I have seen more deer and elk and bear than I can shake a stick at. Boring. I loved seeing dolphins in Florida, and buffalo in South Dakota, I would love to see parrots free flying or giraffes that are not in a zoo. Oh, and Moose. I want to see a moose in the wild. That would make he super happy!
- Compliments on my son's behavior.
- My grandparents still loving and romantic 60 year marriage.
- Summertime weather. All three days we get of it.
- Baby animals. I am such a sucker for little furry faces!
- When my teenage nieces think they have 'found' some type of music that they are going to "introduce me to" (such as Michael Mackson) and I can show them proof (photo's of me as a kid in my MJ shirt, glittery glove, and red zipper jacket) that I loved him before they were even born. Score one for Aunt Katie. It's good to know I'm not a total square.
- Getting comments on my posts and followers for my blog. There is no better feeling than recognition for something you care so much about. I have always dreamed of being an author with scads of adoring fans- but even if this never happens, it's a big boost to the ego to know that my words are being read.
This is where I was going to start my list of things I don't have the guts to do. Instead I am going to get some chocolate covered potato chips. The shop that sells these is just 223 steps away. Yes, I've counted.
(446 steps and an 8 oz. bag of chocolate 'tato chips later)Things I do not have the guts to do. (I will not get wordy, I promise)
- Sing Karaoke. (You can thank me later)
- Hold a mouse. Or a rat. Or a Snake. Even baby ones.
- Get a shot. I am a total baby. They know me at the local hospital. My nickname is 'total baby'. Not a lie.
- Watch gory movies. I can not stand watching people have their (gag) skin...(retch)....cut....(blech). I am totally dry heavin' just thinking about it!
- Get a tattoo. I have made poor decisions in my life. Thankfully they weren't permanently stamped on my body like this one would be. Also- needles. No.
- Get on an airplane. My last flight home from Las Vegas has totally killed flying for me. Can't bring myself to do it again.
- Let my son ride the public school bus.
- Tell my neighbor I am tired of having to hear her have sex with her newest flavor of the day. (Although it needs to be done. I dont need my six year old hearing that crap)
- Go to my 15 year class reunion without losing at least 10 lbs.
- Curb my handbag shopping. Can't do it. Don't want to do it. Not going to try.